I've recently hit the wall in more ways than one. The first two are to do with my body. After the abysmal 1/2 marathon I ran last month I feel like I've managed to run the fun out of running. I used to enjoy it. Getting up early always sucked but I didn't mind 2, 3 or even 4 mile runs. Now the idea of a mile is a chore. Despite the half my logged miles for July only piled up to 45 and I'm looking at the sofa as my home away from home for the next while. I just don't enjoy it anymore. I am, however still going to try to reach my goal of 12 races in 12 months. I think it's key to life to try and stick to things.
On a brighter note the second thing I've hit the wall with is the shape of my body. I'm in shape, Round is a shape. Well I'm pretty sick of being round. I've decided to join Weight Watchers. I figure if running isn't part of the equation for the moment maybe I can take the time to focus on what I'm eating. Right now the answer to that question is lots and lots of saturated fat and fried things. But it's a new month and I'm trying to turn things around. So here's to my, hopefully long lasting, dedication to trying to live a healthier life! Because being 70 pounds over weight just doesn't cut it anymore.
Finally I've hit the wall at work. I'm never good at doing things I don't enjoy and work has become one of them. So I've started looking for a new position at the company I'm with. I've also signed up for the GRE in the hopes that if all else fails I can go back to school.
Here's to hitting the wall and finding a new way to get over it! Hoping all my endeavors go well.
No comments:
Post a Comment