Thursday, August 16, 2012

8/12 - Rubber Chickens!?

The August run was great.  The prize for top finishers was a rubber chicken.  What's not to love!?  Unfortunately I didn't win one but I felt great just because I enjoyed myself so much.  It's been weeks since I really enjoyed running.  Since my very disappointing half, and the training leading up to it, this was the first run I had fun with.

I ran with a few friends on the hilly cross country course and had a blast.  More focused on the footing than the time and chatting with my running buddies it was a joy to get out there and run in the woods.  I think I'm going to have to test out my Vibrams on some local hiking trails.  That could be good.  I finished 31:58 averaging a 10:18 pace and was super content with it.  Overall a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment