Let there be light! God may have said it first but CL&P (Connecticut Light & Power) just said it again. After an awesome early winter storm where the Northeast US got pummeled by super heavy snow prior to the trees loosing their leaves CT was left with only 40 percent of its residents with power Saturday. It's Tuesday and only 45 percent of us have power. I am now among them. I'm probably the only one who's bummed about it. Most people are having flashbacks to Irene which paralyzed parts of CT with darkness for more than a week. This time they're predicting it'll take even longer to get everyone up and running again.
The dark wasn't so bad. I spent Sunday reading one and a half books. I went to bed at 715 and woke up at 630. I haven't gotten 11 hours of sleep on a work night in who knows how long. Last night I stayed at a friend's place with another friend. The three of us watched bad TV and got pizza from one of the few places in the area with power. Maybe it's stupid or sappy or whatever but I enjoyed hanging out with friends and the cold and dark sort of forced everyone together.
Yes I have to toss about 50 dollars worth of stuff from the fridge/freezer. Yes my commute was longer. In the end, though it was nice to spend time with people I don't normally see during the week and spend time sleeping and reading without being deemed boring or lame. So mother nature... Bring it on. I'm excited about the next outage!
No comments:
Post a Comment