What I do for a living can sometimes make for odd situations. I'm an assembly engineer for an airplane engine manufacturer. Basically what my job boils down to is writing instructions for final assembly of jet engines then fine tuning the instructions for cost reduction or time savings. It's actually pretty interesting. It has also afforded me a lot of opportunity. One of those is being able to randomly bump into two star Air Force Generals. Not something most people do every day. So it was a bit odd when it happened to me today. I ended up just wandering past and sort of smiling and waving. I'm sure the general, his four full bird colonels and the one Lt. Colonel thought I was crazy.
Another cool opportunity is the ability to see other facilities. I saw our Canadian facility three years ago and our Maine facility two years ago. This time I'm getting to go to the customer and I'm super excited! I'm headed to Eglin AFB about 2.5 hours west of Tallahassee FL. About 30 minutes from Pensacola. I'm SO excited.
Hopefully I'll get to see one of the airframes our engines sit in! If nothing else I'll get to enjoy the view of the Air Force guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment