Parents are amazing people and I don't necessarily think that I spend enough time telling mine that. I know how many people in the world aren't supported by families as caring and accepting as mine and I'm using this as a reminder to remember to let them know that more often.
I'm very much aware of needing to make my own way in the world and trying to see and do things that are separate from my parents and outside their realm of control. However, it is beyond comforting to know that no matter how hard I fall they'll always scrape me up and put a Power Rangers band-aid on it.
I was at home this past weekned and had a wonderful time. My amazing friend and travel buddy came to visit and we got to talking about our families. I said something akin to "barring murder I'm pretty sure my parents would take me back in no matter what." to which her response was "I'm pretty sure my mother would hide me even if I did kill someone".
Families are a wonderful thing.
Love it! so very true. I'd hide you in the event of murder... just sayin'
ReplyDelete