Thursday, June 21, 2012

6/12 - Halfway There

You're listening to the third fastest round person!  I ran my monthly race and finished in third in the Athena division.  For those not initiated into the wonderful world of running that's the females over 150 lbs.  Hence the round people. 

Unofficially clocking in at 39:41 we found out at the end of the race they had tacked on an "extra" .8 miles.  So the race was actually 3.9 miles long rather than the scheduled 3.1.  However, because of the heat and humidity they changed the course last minute which made the run longer but left it mostly in the shade.  I finished with a respectable 10:10 pace.  Not where I was but I've been faltering in my training lately.  I'm hoping to pick it up this week with a 10 mile run on Saturday.  The furthest I've ever run!

Here's to hoping this weekends run goes well.  Only 4 weeks until my half marathon so hopefully I'll make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment