Friday, May 25, 2012

Four Wheels Short of a Car




According to the local police department the Fit Sport has seen a rash of stolen wheels/tires.  The stock ones that come on it apparently have chrome wheels.  Unfortunately this means they're valuable.  Even more unfortunately they fit the Honda Civic as well.  Hence the recent thefts. 

Yep.  That's my brand new car.  I've owned it less than 3 months and it doesn't even have 3000 miles on the odometer.  I moved into my new apartment complex last Wednesday.  Ten days later my car was missing all four tires and wheels.  Not a great sight to come out to when you're trying to get to work on a Friday morning.

There is hope for humanity though.  With the exception of whatever assholes actually did the theft I found that everyone has been very kind and helpful through the whole process.  Everyone from the town Police Department officer, to the Insurance Adjuster and Claims person, to the Honda dealer where I'm re-ordering the parts through, down to the garage and the tow guy who came to pick Blueberry up. 
Even my new neighbors have offered up their condolences.  I got offers of rides from a number of different people who are now my neighbors.  Everyone has been very good to me.  The garage even found a set of doughnuts to put on my car so the tow truck could come pick it up.  I'm pretty sure I'm getting wheel locks this time around.  Sigh.

On a lighter note my friend made me laugh pretty hard when she reminded me what I said when I got the new car.  I had mentioned I was glad I didn't have to worry about loosing hub caps anymore, which I seemed to do with regularity on my Corolla, because I had rims now.  So if those were missing the whole tire and wheel was missing.  Oh the irony.  

No comments:

Post a Comment