Saturday, April 28, 2012

4/12 - April and another PR!

Today's race was super exciting!  I PRed again!  Despite a 2 lb. increase in weight from my March 5K I officially clocked in at 27:35 which puts me in at an 8:53 pace.  BELOW 9 MINUTES!!!!  This is super exciting as I haven't run that fast since high school which was forever ago.  I shaved 17 seconds off my average pace and 52 seconds off my overall time.

I'm obviously pretty excited and hopefully this will fuel me to push through and continue with my 1/2 marathon training.  Only 11 weeks until the big race.  I just have to keep focusing one week at a time.  April hasn't been a very consistent running month for me so I'm going to try to let this personal win push me.

PR It:
5K: 27:35, Pace 8:54 (4/28/12)
10K: 1:06:19, Pace 10:41(10/12/08)
1/4 Marathon: 1:07:51, Pace 10:21 (3/31/12)
1/2 Marathon: TBD
Marathon: TBD

No comments:

Post a Comment