Another race under my belt. I totally blew past my goal time of <33 minutes and finished in 30:48 which means my average pace was less than 10 minutes! 9:55. A huge improvement over my last race. Watching what I've been eating has helped too. I managed to cut almost 8 lbs since the last run.
The race was fun. A pair of friends came down from Boston to do it with me. They finished in ~27. Two more friends that are local ran with me. One ran with me the whole way the other finished in ~33. There was an irritating woman in front of us that was using us to pace. She would jog until she got ahead of us then walk and as soon as we passed her would jog again. This went on for about 2.5 miles or so and the last bit of the race we just stepped it up and totally crushed her. It felt fabulous!
On another running note I just signed up for a 1/2 marathon with my dad in July. We'll see how it goes. Next run: March 18th.
No comments:
Post a Comment